[Zope] - Zope and SSL

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 11:38:37 -0500 (EST)

Andy Dustman writes:
>The SSLeay API has changed, though, on it's way to 0.9.x. There is also a
>reference to another project in progress, but I think last I checked, it
>didn't seem to be actively worked on. Basically, Andrew's SSLeay module
>would make a wrapper object around a socket object, so it was pretty easy
>to adapt existing apps to use SSL. I, for one, would like a working SSL
>interface again...

	SSLeay is a pretty big API, and attempting to keep up-to-date
with it by hand as I did simply doesn't work.  Pat Knight's code, at
http://www.ktgroup.co.uk/~pat/, uses SWIG to wrap SSLeay so it should
scale better.  I haven't tried it with SSLeay 0.9.x; someone should do
that.

--
A.M. Kuchling			http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.