[Zope] - Zope running with Apache

Ronald Offerman ron@bofh-power.gjt-it.nl
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 22:19:10 +0100

> > I am hoping to run Zope with Apache on regular
> > port 80 and so I restart httpd and try
> >
> >   http://mymachine/cgi-bin/Zope/manage
> >
> > I did get the authenticate box, and I got thru
> > and the browser runs for about 15 secs and then
> > I got a resource unavailable (102) fail to connect
> > error.
>
> Things to check:
>
> - Are you sure you have mod_rewrite compiled in
>   your Apache?  Use httpd -l to check.
>
> - What do your Apache error logs say?
>
> - What does var/pcgi.err say?
>
> - Use pcgifile.py to verify Zope.cgi settings
>
> Regards,
>
> Jeff Bauer
> Rubicon, Inc.

I know this one ;=), check rights on the Zope var dir, the Apache user
(probably nobody) should be able to write to it. [This should go into the FAQ]

--
<- Ronald Offerman | ron@gjt-it.nl
<- Root Powered Carrot Munchers Ltd. Inc. SA AG BV

"Daddy, why do those people have to use Microsoft Windows?"
"Don't stare, son; it's not polite."
"M$ Windows NT, an accident waiting to happen"
"What goes up, must come down. Ask any system administrator."