[Zope] - Prayer

Jim Fulton jim@Digicool.com
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 12:42:26 +0000

Andy Dustman wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Dec 1998, Pavlos Christoforou wrote:
>
> > Please please God
> > make Documents have properties ...
>
> Yer outta luck.

No he isn't.

> I don't know if this is standard operating procedure for
> Zope, but all my "pages" are Folders, and bulk of the contents are in
> index_html. That will let you use whatever properties you want, and it
> seems to make later expansion a bit easier.

This approach is especially useful if youwant to have complex
content spread over multiple objects (images etc.).

We plan to provide a mechanism called "Zope Classes" that
will allow you to build custom complex objects with shared
features like methods (DTML or otherwise), subobjects, etc.

Jim

Technical Director   (540) 371-6909              Python Powered!

repeats.