[Zope] - "folderish"?

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 11:01:09 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 15 Dec 1998 skip@calendar.com wrote:

>     >> I haven't even found a simple way of figuring out if a PATH_INFO
>     >> component is a Folderish object or not.
>
>     Jim> <!--#if "foo.isPrincipiaFolderish"-->
>
> Pardon my ignorance, but what is "folderish"?  In general, I think there is
> a getting to be a fair bit of unique nomenclature flying about on the list
> that is going to undermine attempts of newbies to understand what's what.

A Folderish object (I am new to Zope too so I might be wrong) is a Zope
object that can contain other Zope objects, properties etc in contrast to
Documents which are methods of Folderish objects and cannot contain other
objects. Documents do have attributes but you cannot add new attributes
which is what I need at this point.

You are right about the unique nomenclature though, and yesterday I spent
5-6 hours greping reading the sources and trying, to get my side-margin to
work. It was very frustrating but Zope was not initially designed as an
open source Software so I imagine the Digicools developed over time their
unique ways and nomenclature. It would take a while before most of the
tricks get exposed. I hope that the tips page on the Zope site grows fast.

Pavlos