[Zope] - [Zope] Editor (was: Zopefying existing websites)

Scott Robertson sroberts@codeit.com
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 09:38:26 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 16 Dec 1998, Magnus Lie Hetland wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Dec 1998, Ronald Offerman wrote:
>
> > A nice (java) editor would also be nice 8=))
>
> Indeed so... I work with people who don't know (and don't *want* to know)
> HTML, and I would like for them to be able to edit the contents of certain
> pages without *having* to know HTML... One thought I have had, but have
> not yet realized is creating a simple component (like a HTML form text
> field) based on JFC (Java Foundation Classes) with a few simple additions,
> like italic, bold, headlines and lists. It would basically be a simple
> applet with a TextArea and a button bar at the top, with some JavaScript,
> enabling it to be used in an HTML form...
>
> Anybody interested in cooperating on (or simply *doing*) this? Could it
> perhaps be interesting as a default option in Zope, in addition to the
> simple plain-text editor that already exists?

One day I'll rember to read an entire thread before replying. I can lend
a hand if some one can layout a basic skeleton.

The two things I want to see in such an animal is indenting, and color
syntext highlighting.

- Scott Robertson             Phone: 714.972.2299 -
- CodeIt Computing            Fax:   714.972.2399 -
-                http://codeit.com                -