[Zope] - Zope example...

Amos Latteier amos@aracnet.com
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 09:16:17 -0800

At 05:25 PM 12/18/98 +0100, Magnus Lie Hetland  wrote:

>Does the zope site use zope? In that case, it would be a good example for
>new users to learn from... Perhaps you could write up a page on how it is
>structured and what tricks you have used (for the automatic sidebar/header
>etc...)

If you look carefully, you can find a 'DTML Source' link at the bottom
right of each page on the Zope site. If you click on this link you can see
how each page was created. Of course, this isn't quite the same as having
access to the management screens. But I hope it is useful.

I know we need more examples of how to get stuff done in Zope. We have a
couple different projects cooking to address this. One project that I hope
will be useful is the Zope How-To section on the Zope site.

http://www.zope.org/Documentation/HowTo

Here you can find short descriptions of how to perform common or
interesting things with Zope.

Here's what's currently available there:

* Acquisition with SQLMethods
* Changing the Default Document from 'index_html'
* Random Content Generation
* Importing Documents from the Filesystem
* Zope Design Techniques

I hope to add a few more topics in the next couple days.

Let me know what helps and what doesn't.

-Amos