[Zope] - Ann: Zope Zen Revealed

Ross Gohlke boxcar61@memphismojo.com
Sat, 19 Dec 98 13:36:22 -0600

Quoted from the Zen of HTML Methods:

Soon Zope will have a new type of Document which is not a Method. These
new Documents will hold content. They will be normal Zope objects with
properties. What will make them unlike Document Methods is that they will
not be bound to Folders; they will provide their own rendering context.
________________

If I understand this correctly (not sure, being a Zope newbie), this will
provide a lateral element to Zope. Currently it seems Zope is bound by
the tree metaphor. You have to trace back through the hierarchy. Will
these new Documents be available laterally? That is, across the tree?

Or am I getting my metaphors mixed? I'm coming from Frontier, which has
NO real lateral functionality.

In Frontier, if I want one subfolder to be "aware" of a subfolder clear
across the tree, for purposes of rendering links, I have to store ALL
link calls in the main directory or subfolder A won't see subfolder Z.

Ross Gohlke, aka Mojo Maverick

        Memphis Mojo:
   Spreading the butter of Memphis music across the world biscuit
        www.memphismojo.com
        boxcar61@memphismojo.com
        PHONE: 901.458.8093
        FAX: 901.458.8094

   * Freedom of the press is limited to those who own one. *