[Zope] - Designing multilingual site in Zope?

Ricky Ng-Adam rngadam@dsuper.net
20 Dec 1998 21:07:59 -0000

Hi,

I'd like to know if someone had experience designing a multilingual web site in Zope / Principia / Bobo?  I have to build a web site with a lots of dynamically generated web pages from an SQL database and was wondering how to do it so that I can present documents in french and english (and maybe in other languages as well later).

Off my head, I can think of two ways of doing this; either using cookies (which some users might not want so I'd rather not use them) or having a hierarchical structure where the same bundle of logic is either under localhost/fr-CA or localhost/en with the object instance (???) having a property containing the appropriate language code.  The preferred language is of course selected from the root page in any case.

Does someone have a better idea or some way to implement my ideas?

Thanks,

--
Ricky Ng-Adam
Montreal (Quebec), Canada              [Powered by Linux!]