[Zope] - Designing multilingual site in Zope?

Kent Polk kent@eaenki.nde.swri.edu
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 02:39:47

Hi Ricky (Ricky Ng-Adam), in <19981220210759.30436.qmail@findmail.com> on Dec 20 you wrote:

> I'd like to know if someone had experience designing a multilingual web site in Zope / Principia / Bobo?  I have to build a web site with a lots of dynamically generated web pages from an SQL database and was wondering how to do it so that I can present documents in french and english (and maybe in other languages as well later).

How are they generated? Do you have publishing methods or extraction
methods that can be parallelized? Insert the language method in the
URL string that retrieves the document. The method of choice simply
overrides the default method. This can work for selecting languages,
mime-types, permissions, review/edit cycles, document parts and/or
sections, etc.

Kent