[Zope] - ODBC on Win32

Jim Fulton jim.fulton@digicool.com
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 11:21:59 -0500

Brad Marsh wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just installed the ODBC package for Win32. Unzipped in the c:\zope directory, let the package put things in the appropriate folders.
>
> Reading the README (after zope subsequently fails to start)

Could you be more specific about startup failure?  Did you get a traceback?
Any specific errors?  We tested this pretty extensively here and didn't run
into a problem.

What version of Zope were you running?  You must have the beta 3
version or later.

> tells me I need sql.dll, perhaps available from the Python.org site.

This is a bug in the README file.  The distribution includes
sql.pyd, which is a Python extension DLL.

> Today I am probably responsible for half the hits to their site looking for any sql stuff that includes sql.dll.
>
> Does anyone know where I can find it?

You should already have it.
Please send mail to support@digicool.com with specific error messages.

Jim

Technical Director   (888) 344-4332              Python Powered!

repeats.