[Zope] - ANNOUNCE: Zope 1.9 Final released

Amos Latteier amos@albert.digicool.com
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 19:11:16 -0500 (EST)

Fellow Zopistas:

Just in time for the holidays, we're happy to announce Zope 1.9 final.

http://www.zope.org/Download/

This is mostly a bug fix release.

We've also updated the MySQL Database Adapter to use the MySQL module in
place of the old mySQL module.

Use our Tabula-based bugs and features database to submit bugs.

http://www.zope.org/Collector/

And most importantly, have fun!

-Amos

--
Amos Latteier         mailto:amos@digicool.com
Digital Creations     http://www.digicool.com

P.S. Here's the changelog:

Zope 1.9.0

New Features

* Zope now provides better information about products. If a Product has a
README.txt, then it will be readable through the product management
interface.

* If a product encounters an error during startup, the traceback is
available through the product management interface.

* Cache statistics are displayed in minutes, rather than seconds.

* Products can define the attribute __module_aliases__ in their __init__
modules that specifies aliases for modules used in the product. This is
useful if module names have changed and the database contains pickles
referring to the old modules. The attribute should be a sequence of
tuples. Each tuple has a (dotted) module name and a module.

Bugs Fixed

* Development on ZopeHTTPServer has been frozen in anticipation of the
switch to Medusa. Therefor ZopeHTTPServer still does support PUT. Sorry.

* ZPublisher.Client used the obsolete rand module.

* Errors occurring during product import caused Zope to fail to come up.

* Product version information was not displayed correctly.

*ZGadflyDA cached table meta-data which lead to misleading information
when browsing databases.