[Zope] - Problem adding object on Win32 binary release

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 09:30:52 -0500

> I just downloaded the Win32 binary of the 1.9 final release,
> installed it,
> and finally decided that I was done playing around and
> reading about this
> tool, I was going to actually try and use it!
>
> Unfortunately Zope doesn't work with my favourite browser
> (Opera), so I
> have to use IE4.

I see that Opera doesnt seem to like forms with an
ENCTYPE specified -- is this what you are referring
to? (e.g. I can add Folders with Opera, but it seems
to hang waiting for a response when adding documents,
images or files which have file upload fields. Interestingly,
the document _does_ get created in Zope - I'll look into
this).

>Most of the features work, but when I
> attempt to do an add
> from the top level folder, IE4 reports the following error:
>
> "Microsoft Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site
> http://localhost:9673?%3amethod=manage_adddocumentform/.
> Invalid syntax"
>
> Any light that can be shed would be greatly appreciated.

What kind of object exactly are you trying to add? I haven't
been able to recreate this in my windows installation...

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909