[Zope] - [Zope] in mailing list headers

Andreas Kostyrka andreas@mtg.co.at
Thu, 31 Dec 1998 06:49:22 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 30 Dec 1998, Jimmie Houchin wrote:

> Howdy All,
>
> Anybody have an opinion on the necessity of continuing to have [Zope] in
> the subject header?
I like it. Actually it makes managing the list manually (as I do with any
list I'm following activly) easier: To save it to it's folder, I just have
to select upon Subject: substring [Zope]. :)

> Originally in the switch from Bobo-list to Zope-list and duplication of
> messages it served a good purpose. The Bobo-list didn't and doesn't have an
> equivalent [Bobo] prefix.
>
> Most people have migrated to the Zope and the Bobo list is greatly reduced.
>
> I have seen messages such as:
> RE: [Zope] - RE: [Zope] -...
>
> "[Zope] - " minimally consumes 9 characters. Add a "re: " and your upto 13.
> This has caused some subjects to be cut.
>
> Is it still desired?
My vote is for it :)

Andreas
--
Win95: n., A huge annoying boot virus that causes random spontaneous system
     crashes, usually just before saving a massive project.  Easily cured by