[Zope] Zope.cgi error

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 19:34:58 -0500

Could be a couple things:

Check to make sure the paths in the Zope.cgi are correct, this typicly
fouls you up if you install Zope in one area and then mv it to another,
Zope.cgi contains absolute paths.

I seem to remember that if python sends something to stderr, then this
will happen.  Try cd'ing to [Zopedir]/lib/python and run python, then
'import Main'.  At this point, if it fails, there is something wrong
with your Zope install, or maybe an extension didn't compile right,
etc...

If your using Linux, have you considered using Zap?

http://www.zope.org/Download/Zap-1.1.0

even if you don't want to use our precompiled 1.3.4 Apache, or you
aren't running Linux, it is still handy to eyeball the .conf file we
used.

-Michel