[Zope] editing

Rob Page rob.page@digicool.com
Thu, 1 Apr 1999 07:01:58 -0500

Tom:

> I'm wondering. Is everybody using the Zope interface for writing the
> web-pages?
> I find it really difficult, unhandy to use that edit-box.

<!--#var My$0.02 type=your mileage may vary>

Using the edit box to add/edit/delete content from static HTML pages is
a drag...  Unfortunatley, due to some lameosities in Netscape's Composer
it's not great either.  We are in the early stages of supporting WebDAV.
WebDAV will, with any luck, allow you to use any WebDAV-compliant client
to interact with simple Zope items.  You can check out Zope's WebDAV
support by downloading IE5 and asking Brian Lloyd (brian@digicool.com)
to give you a demo account on the webdav.zope.org server.

We had an internal class on this yesterday and it looks quite cool.

ALternatively, you could check out the early versions of ZServer with
which you can use arbitrary FTP clients.  Again, this supposes that your
content is largely static and that you won't need to render DTML tags
during the development of the content.

<!--#var My$0.02>

--Rob