[Zope] emacs - DTML minor mode?

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 12:45:09 -0400

Please do!  This is the one thing that agrevates me the most, lack of
solid emacs integration.

> If anyone has experience with writing emacs lisp perhaps we could
> collaborate on a editing mode for DTML?

Don't look at me. :)

> I was thinking this could be a nice way to avoid the somewhat tedious
> process of editing DTML code in the browser for emacs users by adding
> support for inserting the common DTML start/end tags.  Also,
> some kind of
> indenting support for DTML would be nice, though this is a matter of
> style.
>
> Someday it would be nice if emacs could interface via WebDAV directly.
>
> Actually, I was thinking it would be nice to have a command-line based
> WebDAV client ala the ftp command so that emacs could access
> WebDAV via
> some simple mods to the angeftp mode.  This way you could re-use the
> existing python WebDAV client code.

This probably a better short term solution than trying to hack webDAV
into emacs.  Brian has a webdav client library and so does Greg Stein.
Making a command line tool from then would not be to hard.  If you
commit on doing the minor mode I'll write your command line tool. :)

-Michel