[Zope] how come I can't add an external method...

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 13:04:27 +0100

Answering my own message....tut tut.

The problem was that htmlfmt was in my
/usr/local/lib/python/site-packages/ directory.

Once I copied it to Zopes' lib/python1.5 directory everything works fine.

(Is this behaviour documented anywhere....should be I reckon).
Tone

>Hi all,
>I'm trying to add this snippet as an external method
>------
>import htmlfmt
>
>def test():
>  "Testing zope 1"
> a = htmlfmt.UL(("1", "2", "3"))
> return a
>
>print test()
>-----
>
>(htmlfmt is a library from the van Rossum, Watters and Ahlstrom book
>'Internet programming with Python').
>
>It does work...
>
>96 % python test.py
><UL>
><LI>1
><LI>2
><LI>3
> </UL>
>
>but trying to add this as an external method just does not happen.
>I'm left staring at a rotating beachball while the system tries to
>add it to the database.
>
>The following works fine...
>-------
>def test():
>       "Testing zope 2"
>       a = """<UL>
><LI>1
><LI>2
><LI>3
> </UL>
>"""
>       return a
>--------
>
>Can someone please point out the fly in the ointment here? I feel
>like I'm sitting in a corner wearing a  <|0 at the moment...
>ta
>tone
------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2