[Zope] Zope Install On Windows

Randall Marbach remarbach@netscape.net
7 Apr 99 15:19:02 PDT

I would like to use Zope on my WINNT 4.0 box with my existing python 1.5.2b2
installation which is in C:\Program Files\Python.

What is the best way to do this?

I tried down loading the Zope source and running python wo_pcgi.py but it
eventually crashes with a :

. . .

Listing C:\ZOPE\pcgi\Util ...
Listing C:\ZOPE\pcgi\Win32 ...
Listing C:\ZOPE\var ...

Building extension modules

Compiling extensions in lib/python
make -f Makefile.pre.in boot PYTHON=C:\Program Files\Python\python.exe
The name specified is not recognized as an
internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "C:\ZOPE\wo_pcgi.py", line 100, in ?
    import build_extensions
  File "C:\ZOPE\build_extensions.py", line 96, in ?
    make('lib','python')
  File "C:\ZOPE\do.py", line 105, in make
    do('make -f Makefile.pre.in boot PYTHON=%s' % sys.executable)
  File "C:\ZOPE\do.py", line 97, in do
    if i and picky: raise SystemError, i
SystemError: 1

As a python newbie, I'm lost at this point.

As an option, is there a way to get the Zope Windows binary release to use the
C:\Program Files\Python installation instead of the Zope python?

My motivation for this is that I have installed mxDateTime and mxODBC and
other packages in the C:\Program Files\Python directory tree, and when I try
to use the packages from the Zope directory, things seem to get confused.

ANy feedback would be deeply appreciated.

TIA

Randy