[Zope] Has anyone tried authentication accross multiple serve rs?

Jeff K. Hoffman jkhoffman@usa.net
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 09:54:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 9 Apr 1999, Jay, Dylan wrote:

> I've tried using cookie authentication with UserDB but so far can not get it
> to work. Everytime I try to login in it presents me with the normal basic
> authentication header. I believe this maybe something to do with permissions
> but so far can't figure it out. I am using IIS4 and have turned of basic
> authentication.

I ran into the same problem, but found a workaround. Quite your browser.
Totally. Then, reload it and go to the page in question. Apparently, once
you've authenticated using the old style auth, cookie based auth doesn't
work. It keeps trying to use the name you authenticated with previously,
in the browser's cache, thus preventing the cookie-auth's mechanisms from
working correctly. At least, that's my theory. :)

This is kind of cumbersome, because once you login as manager to modify a
page, you're hosed as far as testing cookie-based auth goes. Well, not
hosed, you just have to quit your browser and restart it. Unfortunately,
that can put quite a slowdown on the development cycle. :)

Hope this helps.

jkh