[Zope] Search & replace across multiple files in multiple subdirectories?

Timothy Cole Timothy.Cole@kellogg.com
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 09:24:48 -0400

Piotr,

I posed a similar question recently and have since undertaken to writing
two new objects. 'Search Folder', and 'Search DTML Document'.  To
summarize,
you can ask the 'Search Folder' object to search itself and all searchable
objects within it, with optional recursion.  The 'Search DTML Document'
object
can be searched directly or as a result of a request from the 'Search
Folder'.

I envinsion other objects being made searchable as well, although I don't
have
any need for them right now.  I don't have any functional code yet, but
will
certainly post a Beta-Product as its available.

Anyone have any suggestions/comments on where I'm going with this?

-Tim

Is it possible to search & replace across multiple files in multiple
subdirectories?
Because ZOPE is storing files in a database I not able to do this using
tools such as Windows Search&Replace utility.

TIA
Piotr