[Zope] Direct SQL

Shaw, Howard ShawH@STHS.org
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 09:47:59 -0500

When using direct traversal on SQL methods, the preferred form is
/SQLmethod/value/htmlpage.  Since I want users to not have to know what
html page they are supposed to reference, I have my index.htm set up to
react to the presence of trigger keys in the url by including different
files.

<!--#if "_.string.find(URL,'staff')!=-1"-->
 <!--#var page-->
<!--#elif "_.string.find(URL,'department')!=-1"-->
 <!--#var render_dept-->
<!--#else-->
 <!-- Actual index.html is here-->
<!--#/if-->

I would like to know whether there is anyway in DTML to determine
whether variables in the namespace result from an SQL method.
Specifically, I want a test which answers the question "Has SQL Method X
been called prior to evaluation of this page?"

I need this because at the moment, if someone uses a URL with
'department' or 'staff' and fails to include the trailing /, they get a
Zope error. I would prefer if it simply displayed the index.htm
contents.

Thanks,
Howard C. Shaw III
Programmer/SysAdmin