[Zope] Restricting access via IP address?

Kent Polk kent@goathill.org
19 Apr 1999 18:58:18 GMT

On 19 Apr 1999 04:10:02 -0500, Paul Browning wrote:

>.... how do I limit visibility of Zope-served pages
>by IP address? I guess using an if tag and REMOTE_ADDR
>is one of of doing it but it seems sort of kludgey
>when Zope seems to have most of the intranet-type
>bases covered.

If you want to use Zope's built-in security mechanisms you can set
the 'Domain' rules for an acl_users user name.

Name : Guest
Password :
(Confirm) :
Domains : *.mydomain.org *.fredsdomain.org 199.100.*
Roles:

Check the acl_users folder documentation on how to use the Domain
rules.

How do I know? This was one of the things I 'convinced' Paul into
supporting with Principia. I do think that a couple more people
were asking for it also, but I stepped up to the plate carrying
the big bat.  Now you don't have to wonder why Paul wears a helmet
when I'm around.

Kent