[Zope] Multiple selections from checkbox form - and others...

Hannu Krosing hannu@trust.ee
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 00:47:28 +0300

raver@box.dust.za.net wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Got some questions that I hope you people can help me out with.
>
> 1)
>
> I want to manage a messagebord, mainly to remove unwanted/old messages. The
> messages are stored in a MySQL db. I have a sql method that select wanted
> data. I use the method in a form in a #in tag to displays the selected data,
> within the #in tag I added a <INPUT TYPE="checkbox" NAME="checked" VALUE=1>.
> I also have a hidden field submitting the id fields reffering to each
> selected record within the above mentioned #in tag.
>
> All looks just fine - the data is listed and checkboxes appear as they
> should. But trouble is - submitting the forms data will give me a list of
> 1's (only the checked out is submitted), and a list of _all_ selected row
> ids. I need just the ids corresponding to the checked out records. If it's
> at all possible - please tell me how to.

I usually solve similar problems by encoding the id in checkbox name,
something
like this <input type=checkbox name="id<!--#var dbid-->"--> and then use
some
manual labour to extract the fields from REQUEST.form.keys()

Hannu