[Zope] tzname unknown?

John Eikenberry jae@kavi.com
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 11:46:39 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Hermann Himmelbauer wrote:

> Hi,
> I installed Python 1.5.2 and Zope. When I tried to fire up the
> Python server, the following error occurred
>
> ImportError: cannot import name tzname
>
> Well, it seems that  in python 1.5.2 there is no more function "tzname".
> I currently fixed it by simply hardcoding the function in TimeDate.py,
> but this is no real solution.
>
> Is this a bug in python 1.5.2?

Yes, it's a python/libc related bug. The bug is in timemodules.c and deals
with testing for the libc version. Currently the fix (its still being
tested on all systems) is to alter line 619 in timemodule.c (and
recompile, of course)...

from:

#if defined(HAVE_TZNAME) && !defined(__GNU_LIBRARY__)

to:

#if defined(HAVE_TZNAME) && !defined(__GLIBC__)

Hope this helps,

---

John Eikenberry
[jae@kavi.com - http://taos.kavi.com/~jae/]