[Zope] ZCGI status?

Amos Latteier amos@aracnet.com
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 11:53:20 -0700

At 04:31 PM 4/22/99 +1000, Richard Jones wrote:

>I am now using the ZCGI.py module (Zope made easy for Bobo-like apps) in
>several systems. I've lost the original posting that announced (or
contained, I
>can't remember which :) the module. Does anyone know what the status of the
>module is? I'd really like to see it included in the Zope distribution -
or at
>least one the zope site somewhere...

I believe it's included with the ZPublisher component release.

http://www.zope.org/Download/ZPublisher

Yes, it probably should be included in the regular release, except for the
fact that anyone using the Zope framework would be a damn fool to run it
with ZCGI ;-) So including it in the ZPublisher component release makes
some sense.

Seriously, we need to overhaul our component release strategy to make
things more automatic, and easier. Ideally, there wouldn't be a lot of work
involved in making a component release, they would just get released as a
byproduct of making a new Zope release. Oh, and we need to totally redo our
installers ;-) At least most stuff is available through CVS for savvy folk
who know what they want.

-Amos