[Zope] publishing question

Jordan B. Baker jbb@spyderlab.com
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 22:28:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Jeff K. Hoffman wrote:

> Do ZServer and Emacs play nicely together, nowadays? I remember reading
> something on the list a while back regarding some problems with this
> setup. Also, does Emacs' HTML mode handle DTML well?

I admit that I am slowly hacking away at a DTML mode.  Its at a very early
stage (I have some basic highlighting working :)) but I soon hope to have
some basic indentation and some shortcut keys for common DTML tags.

A style question: For myself I like to indent DTML only according to DTML
tags, ie. I don't like to have the HTML to cause indent.  This helps me to
produce clean HTML code since its indentation level displays clearly the
logic of the code.

i.e.:

<!--#if foo-->
 <!--#in-->
  <!--#if sequence-start-->
<TABLE etc>
  <!--#/if-->
 <TR>
 <!--#/in-->

What I want to do is provide a quick way to switch to HTML mode from the
DTML mode so that you can switch from highlighting the logic and dynamic
portions to the static.

As I said before, its at an early stage, but if you want to help, either
by providing some feedback or contributing code, send me a note and I will
send it to you.

-------
Jordan B. Baker -- jbb@spyderlab.com
weaving the web @ http://www.spyderlab.com