[Zope] Preparing data for Catalog

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 11:59:24 -0400

Hi,

    The catalog feature will gracefully solve a number of problems for
me. Between now and the time that the Catalog stuff starts to appear,
I'd like to start populating my ZODB with new information. Since my
whole intent is to use the Catalog feature, I want to be sure that I'm
setting things up well for that...

    I am planning on storing most of my information as Folder
properties. Given a bunch of Folders with information stored as
properties, will we be able to easily set up indexes for those
properties? Is there something else we should do to ready our data for
this feature?

Thanks,
Kevin