[Zope] OFF-TOPIC: CORBA and application servers

Paul Everitt paul@digicool.com
Sun, 25 Apr 1999 07:20:13 -0400

Here's an analysis of the OMG's plans for CORBA 3:

  http://www.objectwatch.com/issue19.htm

Though obviously subjective and impassioned, I agree with most of what
the author says.  The OMG has abandoned language-neutrality.

I was sad to see Richard Soley, whom Jim and I worked with 3 years ago,
try to tie application servers, Java, and the OMG together.  At any
rate, CORBA's current level of adaptation is quite low, and now that OMG
has become a marketing organization for Sun, I think it's time to dispel
any notions that CORBA support is critical.

Just my $0.02.

--Paul