[Zope] read-only zope query.

Anthony Baxter anthony@interlink.com.au
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 15:55:27 +1000

For the production system I'm building, I intend to
run the zope installations in read-only mode (setting
the ZOPE_READ_ONLY env var to do so).

Right now, if there's any changes to the bobobase, I have to
reload the entire system - it would be nice if the read-only
system could be signalled to say 'hey, go look at the .bbb
file for additional changes', rather than having to reload
everything...

I'm also a bit paranoid, so I'm going to have a proxy in front
of the zope which will block all attempts at a URL that matches
http://.*/manage.*, just in case someone wants to try and be
clever. I'm also going to be running up multiple readonly zopes
with Apache load-balancing in front of them, just in case one of
them blocks on a query to Oracle or (spit!) SQL Server. Anyone
played these games before with tips to contribute?

Anthony