[Zope] ZMySQLDA install problem

Milos Prudek info@sol.cz
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 11:31:10 +0200

I cannot install ZMySQLDA.

- downloaded ZMySQLDA and put it into /usr/local/zope/python/Products/
(here I have ZGadflyDA, ExternalMethod etc.)

- README.txt says "go to ZSolidDA", but there's no such directory; I
assume it's a type, so I went to ZMySQLDA/src.

- modified Setup.in (directives -I and -L) for my placement of MySQL.

- successfuly run make -f Makefile.pre.in boot; make. The file
MySQLmodule.so appeared.

- typed python, and typed "import MySQL". Got this:
   Traceback (innermost last):
   file "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
   ImportError: File not found

- Looked at Zope through browser, went to Control Panel. There is
(Broken
product ZMySQLDA).

1. Is this the correct way to import modules?
2. Where is MySQLmodule.so to be placed?
3. What steps are neccessary to make ZMySQLDA appear as Installed,
not Broken under Zope Control Panel?

Milos Prudek