[Zope] Newbie question about proxy roles

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 11:45:03 -0400

> I have problems with proxy-roles. I have a script like this one:
>
> <!--#var standard_html_header-->
>     <!--#with "manage_clone(Person,REQUEST['new_id'],REQUEST)"-->
>     <!--#call "manage_changeProperties(
>     title=REQUEST['new_title'],
>     tfn=REQUEST['new_tfn'],
>     email=REQUEST['new_email'],
>     icq=REQUEST['new_icq'],
>     )"-->
>     <!--#call "photo.manage_upload(REQUEST['new_photo'])"-->
>     <!--#/with-->
> <!--#var index_html-->
>
> ... and I want it to be run by an anonymous users who have no
> rights to
> add folders. However, even if i set the proxy role of the script to
> Manager, the script will give the following error when used by
> anonymous:
>
> <error message snipped>
>
> How "deep" are proxy roles? I thought the script would
> function exactly
> as it would for Manager... Are there any other ways make the script
> work, except from setting the Add Folder permission for
> Anonymous? Or is
> it safe to set the Add Folder permission for anonymous?
>

> /Anders

This sounds like a bug, so I've added to the Collector on zope.org
to make sure it doesn't fall through the cracks. We'll take a look
at it.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909