[Zope] Has anyone tried to make Zope invisible using IIS

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 09:30:20 -0400

> Sounds like a reasonable solution, but out of interest, how does zope
> determine its base address anyway? Is it based on one of the
> environment
> variables passed in to the zope cgi? If so, is the problem
> that when using a
> isapi filter on iis, this variable does not reflect the
> change?

That could be the case - I spend all of about an hour writing
that filter dll, so there could very well be a more complete
way of doing it :)

> If so, if I
> could fix that variable I suppose that would be a more
> general solution and
> I could use both relative address and the URLn variables.

Hopefully.

> In any case, shouldn't there be a more flexible way of
> telling zope what its
> address really is?

Well, the way this is determined is pretty standard - the
problem really is a lack of options on the part of the server,
IMHO. As far as I know, IIS is really the _only_ web server
where this couldn't be fixed totally through server
configuration :) That is not to say that other options wouldn't
be considered - if you have any suggestions for an alternate
way of controlling the perceived URL, let me know and I will
put them in the Collector as a feature request to make sure
this issue is revisited.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909