[Zope] Zope 1.11 wish list

Philip Aylesworth zopelist@regalint.com
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 16:26:57 -0400

in Re: [Zope] What am I doing wrong?
Paul Everitt wrote:

> Note: Zope 1.11 revamps the error messages, even including tips for
> well-known problems!  In this case, the error message would have said
> the error and indicated that the HTML source contained more info.
>
> Everybody, when you start looking at 1.11, _please_ give us feedback on
> how to improve this.  Usability is becoming more important for us.
>
> --Paul

I would like the ability to have the traceback viewable on screen. When
debugging, I often can't see it because Netscape caches the last good
page and shows the source for that. I did find the
standard_error_message and changed it so that I can see the error
message but I don't see a way to make the traceback viewable.

Maybe tracebacks message could be turned on/off in the control panel. I
don't think they are much use to anyone except the web developer.

Phil.