[Zope] Zope 1.11 wish list

Amos Latteier amos@aracnet.com
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 14:46:24 -0700

At 04:26 PM 4/29/99 -0400, Philip Aylesworth wrote:

>I would like the ability to have the traceback viewable on screen. When
>debugging, I often can't see it because Netscape caches the last good
>page and shows the source for that. I did find the
>standard_error_message and changed it so that I can see the error
>message but I don't see a way to make the traceback viewable.

You can get access to the traceback in standard_error_message with <!--#var
error_tb--> or <!--#var error_traceback-->

So it's possible to add or remove a traceback from your error message. This
could come in handy for example, if you wanted to have tracebacks mailed to
you.

In general, though setting the environment variable ZOPE_DEBUG_MODE to 1 or
0 is the easiest way to make tracebacks visible or invisible.

-Amos