[Zope] Zope 2 behind IIS...?

Hannu Krosing hannu@trust.ee
Mon, 02 Aug 1999 16:13:23 +0300

Brian Hooper wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Has anyone had success with a setup running ZServer behind IIS?
> I want to do something like:
>
>    IIS (port 80) <--> Zope2/ZServer (port 8080)

AFAIK this thing (known as reverse proxying) is done by MS Proxy Server
and not IIS in the Windows land.

OTOH, I guess you can set ZServer up for use through pcgi butI don't
know how much of "special features" are preserved that way.

BTW, Are you really planning to use SSL on port 80 ?
That would force all your users to use URLs like https://site.com:80/xxx
I'm not even sure if IIS can serve both HTTP and HTTPS on the same port
(I know Apache can, but even there it is usually not a good idea)

> If possible, I'd like to not have any special path visible in the URL
> (i.e. http://myhost.com/zope/ ... )
> Does anyone know how to tell IIS to do this properly?
>
> The main reason I want to (if possible) set things up this way is that I
> want to be able to use SSL with Zope, and also use all of ZServer's
> special features but I want Zope to be invisible, if possible.
>
> I unfortunately cannot really choose _not_ to use NT, or IIS (believe me,
> I would rather pick a different solution!)
>
> Does anyone who knows more about IIS than I do have any helpful hints?

I really don't know much, as I managed to twiggle away after spending
some
time there :)

Hannu