[Zope] Can't get Zope auth and RH 6.0 Apache to work!

Eric, Stacey and Lydia Miller phoenix@cac.net
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 15:05:35 -0400

Help!

I can't get Zope authentication to work with RH 6.0 and Apache! I can't get
past the management login.

I've tried to change the rewrite rules, etc. but with no effect. I
downloaded the latest version of Apache so that I could recompile with
mod_rewrite. I tried the rules I found by digging through the message
archive (someone else had the same problem). I tried it from my networked
W98 browser (with pw encryption turned off). I tried it from localhost and
from the ip address of my Linux box. I've tried to find information from the
mod_rewrite site on this kind of rule (apparently no one else has had to
pass auth to cgi scripts).

Nothing works.

So, can someone take pity on a poor MS programmer trying to make a move over
to Linux and send me their conf files or offer any other advice? My
preference is to have the latest version of Apache running so that I can
investigate other application server archs not just Zope.

Thanks in advance,

Eric Miller
phoenix@cac.net