[Zope] Zope and Editors

bruce@perens.com bruce@perens.com
3 Aug 1999 18:19:45 -0000

From: Paul Everitt <Paul@digicool.com>
> This is an exceedingly ambitious project.  Patches accepted. :^)

Paul,

What if we provided a way for Zope to export a virtual filesystem containing
the same things you may now access via the FTP protocol? Then, you could use
the services of a kernel to export that filesystem via NFS or SMB, or via the
native FTP server.

I think there have been filesystem-in-a-process implementations for Linux,
as well as drivers that presented the contents of a remote FTP server as a
filesystem. I don't know if any of these exist any longer (I didn't see them
in a cursory look over the 2.2.10 kernel).

	Thanks

	Bruce