[Zope] RE: XML / XSL / DTD

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Wed, 04 Aug 1999 09:47:15 -0500

Alexander Staubo wrote:

>Agreed. (Although nothing would prevent you from using DTML to output
>different style-sheet headers depending on the environment.)
>
>Acquisition -- something like
>http://myserver/HighBandwidthHtml/MyDocument perhaps -- would be fine,
>but how to specify a default style sheet? There might be cases where I
>would want user-selectable style sheets through cookies, or a site-wide
>default style sheets without the need to explicitly state it in the URL.

I was thinking that acquisition would provide "standard_xml_header/footer"
wrapper documents, which would call out the location-appropriate style sheet, a
la standard_html_header.

So the "default_xml" document could look like:

<dtml-var "name=standard_xml_header">
<dtml-var "name=xml_body">
<dtml-var "name=standard_xml_footer">

Tres Seaver            tseaver@palladion.com      http://www.palladion.com
Palladion Software     Houston, Texas, USA        713-523-6582