[Zope] RE: XML / XSL / DTD

Martijn Faassen M.Faassen@vet.uu.nl
Thu, 05 Aug 1999 10:07:49 +0200

Alexander Staubo wrote:

> From: Anthony Pfrunder [mailto:s341625@student.uq.edu.au]
>
> >On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, Alexander Staubo wrote:
> >
> >> Anyway, I bet Jim has something specific in mind.
> >
> >My idea on how to use XML / XSL ... is to have "render"
> >methods which when
> >added to a folder, intercept the XML view-time render to modify the
> >output.  This is equiv to my tagmethod suggestion a few weeks
> >back but is
> >quicker and easier to implement
>
> Hmm. What happens when you have several of those "render methods" in a
> folder? Could you/would you invoke a specific render method through URL
> traversal?

Hm, I don't know exactly where this discussion started, I seem to have
missed the start of it. I don't know anything about XSL, but I do know
I've successfully used XML Document with a set of DTML Methods (that get
acquired by XML elements) to render an XML document to HTML. Of course
there aren't any stylesheets then, but it's not a hard to use system,
and the DTML methods are easy to adapt.

Regards,

Martijn