[Zope] hiding site content based upon a domain? (similar to htaccess)

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 13:44:11 +0100

At 12:55 pm +0200 5/8/99, Martijn Pieters wrote:
>At 09:48 05/08/99 , Tony McDonald wrote:
>>Is there any way to restrict access to a section of a site (and all
>>objects under it) to a particular domain, or to make a
>>section/sub-objects available to only a particular domain?
>

>Yup, users can have a 'domains' list. If you define a user
>specifically for the domain you want to limit access to, with no
>password but with the Domains field filled in, all users from that
>domain are authenticated as that user.
>
>The Domains property is of type 'tokens', so you can fill in a list
>of domains, and use wildcards as well. Domains of type 10.1.*.* work
>fine, as do *.antraciet.nl types.

Cheers Martijn,
That's really cool, it works well. Problem is I'd like to deny access
to people who aren't in that domain (preferably with a dtml doc that
tells them why). Is there a way of doing this?

tia
tone
------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
http://nle.ncl.ac.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2