[Zope] Pluggable Brains?

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 11:06:39 -0400

They are general purpose in the sense that several products have the
plugs necessary to insert a brain.  ZSQL methods for the moment have a
user interface for inserting a brain, but Catalog can also work with
pluggable brains (albiet only programaticly, there is no UI at the
moment for PBs in Catalog).  You could create a ZClass that subclassed
catalog and provided it's own kind of brain.

After ZClasses bake a bit more, I would like to add add an interface to
Catalog (and extend ZSQL's interface) to allow the admin to specify
either a python class on the filesystem, or a ZClass.  This way you
could develop your brains through the web and then plug them in.

-Michel