[Zope] The new DTML syntax

Anthony Pfrunder s341625@student.uq.edu.au
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 09:08:04 +1000 (GMT+1000)

On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, Christopher Petrilli wrote:

> Or perhaps in this case not even necessary.  Our plans for XML are MUCH
> bigger than just a tacked on syntax, and XMLDocument is just the beginning
> of what you'll see in the coming months.  We specifically avoided using an
> XML namespace syntax.

Would these include using XML to allow tags to interact at the rendering
stage?  This would allow handling of non-sgml syntax such as CSS.  For
example:
	+ My Folder
		+ XSL Style sheet (mystyle)
			+ <Style> render method

		+ MyDocument
			+ <DTD = mystyle>
			+ <Style> ... </Style>

Please note, I'm still working on pyexpat for Windows so I don't have XML
Doc under Windows yet (zmake messes up somewhere in Setup.in
auto-conversion)

> As for new renderers, well, *personally* I think there are too many syntaxes
> as it is:

My renderer suggestion was just to ensure that if we were to have syntax
dime-a-dozen we didn't have to write to a specific syntax ;)

Cheers,

Anthony Pfrunder