[Zope] server error with optional args to Z SQL method

Tim Potter Tim.Potter@anu.edu.au
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 17:49:35 +1000 (EST)

Just one more question for today.  (-:

I'm trying to create some optional arguments in Zope 2.0.0b1 to a Z
SQL method using the sqlgroup and sqltest tags.  My query is

select * from links
<!--#sqlgroup where-->
  <!--#sqltest link_num type=int optional-->
<!--#or-->
  <!--#sqltest parent type=int optional-->
<!--#/sqlgroup-->

and I've given it arguments of

link_num:int parent:int

There doesn't seem to be a way to make the arguments optional (or at
least ignore empty values) as if I change and test this query, leaving
one of the arguments empty, I get an 'Error response Error code 500.
Message: Internal Server Error' from Zope, and the following error on
the xterm which started up Zope

1999-08-06T07:21:50 ERROR(200) ZServer Server Error: exceptions.ValueError, Empty entry when <strong>integer</strong> expected: file: /scratch/zope/Zope-2.0.0b1-linux2-x86/lib/python/ZPublisher/Converters.py line: 124

It's pretty obvious that Zope thinks I should have supplied a value
for another parameter, but I think the fact it causes an exception is
a bug.

I'm having great fun at the moment writing an interface to a HTML
links database.  All the links are stored in a MySQL table and Zope
provides a super-nifty front end with a tree based navigation system.
Zope is awesome!

On another note, is there any chance of a searchable mailing list
index being made for this list?  I use google, but there seems to have
been some reorganisation of the site since it was last indexed and all
the pipermail links are broken.  )-:

Tim.

--
Tim Potter, System Admin/Programmer              "Disco Stu doesn't advertise"
Advanced Computational Systems CRC, RSISE Bldg Australian National University,