[Zope] Important Note to List Members

thomas@hentschel.net thomas@hentschel.net
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 12:48:39 -0700 (PDT)

On  7 Aug, Sean Robertson wrote:
> I discovered something when I signed up for the list and though a word of
> caution to list members was in order.  If you go to
> http://www.zope.org/mailman/roster/zope you can see a list of current
> subscribers.  This pages lists all of our email addresses

Thanks for that, I wasn't aware of it and I certainly would like to have
it not shown for the known reasons

> It is my personal opinion that this option should be set to yes by default,
This would be my opinion too.

As an additional precaution I would recommend to make this page password
protected even for the people who elect to be shown for the other
members of the list. This way a simple bot can't get a hold of it.

Not a flame, just a recommendation

-Th