[Zope] Zope Projects

Ben Leslie benno@sesgroup.net
Sun, 8 Aug 1999 14:21:34 +1000

On Sat, Aug 07, 1999 at 08:51:28PM -0400, Jeffrey Perry wrote:
> It seems to me that Zope could use a few more toolkits.
>
> The zope portal kit is in progress, with Zcatalog for indexing etc.
> I have read in the back archives that there is a Zcommerce project and
> another individual who has created a cybercash kit.
>
> It seems to me that a Zope Intranet kit would be a hole in this suite that
> could use filling. Squishdot could be the conferencing component. To this
> could be added an employee database using mysql (with
> photo,email,department,cube location, and phone info), A trouble reporting
> sytem for computer problems, and a bug tracking sytem for use by companies
> which produce software products....etc I think squishdot could be enhanced a
> bit and turn into a fine web-based project center for storing all items
> related to a project (think Notes)

Yes I definately agree with this. I am currently using an open source intranet solution called ocs (http://www.obsidian.co.za) I have found it really good, however it would be nice if I could move it over to zope so I don't need to use apache and Zserver. It seems to be written in perl but could be a good starting point.

As for Zcommerce this would also be great, I am in the procress of looking for solution in this regard. I did come accross another open-source product called Minivend which seemed to be pretty good, although I haven't had time to thoroughlyu  investiaget this.

Just on a side note, I'm pretty new to Zope and this discussion list but shouldn't this discussion probably be in Zope-Dev??

Cheers,

Benno