[Zope] ZSQLMethods broken in 2.0.0b3?

Peter Toneby woormie@acc.umu.se
Sun, 8 Aug 1999 21:29:40 +0200

On Sun, Aug 08, 1999 at 08:48:36PM +0200, Martijn Pieters wrote:
> At 02:35 7-8-99 , Harry Page wrote:
> >I installed 2.0.0b3 on linux yesterday and the DAs don't work anymore
> >(Gadfly of Postgres). I can add the connection ok but when I go to add a
> >ZSQLMethod I get an error that no connections exist. I looked at the DA code
> >but it seems to be the same between 2.0.0b1 and 2.0.0b3.
> >
> >Any ideas?
>
> This is indeed a bug. I and someone else have also seen this bug, and it came
> into being somewhere between beta 1 and 2. It's in the Collector already:
> http://www.zope.org/Collector/475/view

I have done some research for the cause and it seems like it is the
SQLConnectionIDs function in lib/python/Products/ZSQLMethods/SQL.py that
cause the problem, when calling this function from a DTMLdocument it
works fine, but the function is not available in the add.dtml file that
provides the add-interface.

/Peter Toneby
--
We are the Povorg. You will be indented into the collective.
	/Ken Tyler (povray.binaries.images)