[Zope] zope in apache 1.3.6 [doesn't work with 2.0]

Chris Walter walter@budoe.bu.edu
09 Aug 1999 16:43:57 -0400

Joshua Brauer <joshua@brauer.org> writes:

> I've asked several times about what changed between 1.x and 2.0bx for this.
>
> This set of rules works for 1.x (even with a custom compiled Apache)

> Premature end of script headers: /websites/Zope2/Zope.cgi

I'm not sure if this is your problem but look at the first line of
Zope.cgi.

It should look something like this:

#!/usr/local/Zope-2.0.0b3-linux2-x86/pcgi/bin/pcgi-wrapper

The key is the "bin".  The one that was generated by the install
process for me was missing the "bin".  It was just "pcgi/pcgi-wrapper" but
the precompiled tarball for Linux I got only had pcgi-wrapper in the bin
subdirectory.  I figured this out after seeing the "premature end of
script header" error and trying to manually run the Zope.cgi file.

-Chris

Chris Walter
walter@budoe.bu.edu