[Zope] Cannot add a Z SQL method

Constantin Teodorescu teo@flex.ro
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 16:10:51 +0000

Hi! It's me again :-) with another problem

Environment:

-Linux RedHat 5.2 i386 on K6-350
-upgraded to python 1.5.2 (rpm)
-got Zope 2.0.0b3 and installed it
-got ZPyGreSQL 0.03 and updated it with PyGreSQL 2.4 from the last
PostgreSQL 6.5.1 distribution compiled from scratch

install was ok
I choose to use ZServer
chown nobody to var directory
ran ./start as root user

I am using Netscape 4.61 on the same computer where Zope runs (cache
option verify every time) and where PostgreSQL server runs.
Zope appears to work fine, in management screens , Control Panel I can
see the ZPyGreSQLDA product installed, appears to be just fine!
I am adding a Z PyGreSQL Database connection, I can open/close the
database, no problem.

I am trying to add a Z SQL methods. It says :

Warning: There are no SQL database connections. You need to add a Zope
SQL database connection before you can use a Zope SQL Method.

?!?!?

I was playing last week a couple of days with 1.10 version with
PostgreSQL (6.5.1) and everything was ok. Done queryies, reports, search
forms.

Am I doing something wrong?

Best regards,
--