[Zope] ZServer lockups

jason@brahms.siteprotect.com jason@brahms.siteprotect.com
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 12:33:56 -0500

I'm experiencing occasional lockups of ZServer (currently being
used in conjuction with PCGI and Apache).  When this happens, I get
no response at all from the http interface (Netscape eventually times
out and says the document contains no data).

I've looked in the ZServer log file, and the last entry corresponds
to the last successful request that was served.  When I kill z2.py, I
get the following:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "z2.py", line 355, in ?
    zdaemon.run(sys.argv, os.path.join(INSTANCE_HOME, Zpid))
  File "/home/controlpanel/Zope-2.0.0a4-src/lib/python/zdaemon.py",
line 202, in run
    p,s = os.waitpid(pid, 0)
KeyboardInterrupt

Can any of the Zope gurus who have a better understanding of the
Zope internals help to diagnose this problem?  I'm using 2.0.0a4, and
plan to upgrade to the latest beta this afternoon to see if that
helps.

Thanks,

-jason

Jason Abate