[Zope] What's the default database connection status at Zope startup?

Constantin Teodorescu teo@flex.ro
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 19:07:06 +0000

"Ross J. Reedstrom" wrote:

> Constantin -
> You're just going to push me into spending all my nights working on
> the ZPyGeSQLDA, aren't you? ;-)

Why not! :-)

Good software is written by good programmers so why Zope shouldn't
benefit from your expertise?

> Yes, this needs to improve a lot
> before it's usable for a busy web site.

Zope has a lot of good things. It's object-oriented behavior is
excellent.
If it will prove also stability and good performances, that would be
just great.

> As to ZPyGreSQLDA status - I'll spend some time on it again this evening,
> then a big chunk this weekend. It's more a matter of groking what's in
> there for the Zope Transaction Manager than a lot of code to write. Having
> the ZSybaseDA to compare with should help.

I'm hardly waiting for the 2.0 final version.

Best regards,
--
Constantin Teodorescu
FLEX Consulting Braila, ROMANIA